1. How many days of racing would you like? Remember there’s also a registration/tech day ahead of the first race day, and probably a half day after the final race day for awards.
4 days: getting time off work isn't easy
2. How many hours of racing per day (assuming moderate to extremely challenging terrain)?
6-8 of racing terrain, maybe another hour of liason back to bivvy
3. How difficult should the navigation be? Different difficulty on each day?
Mix it up but it should never be terribly easy.
4. How difficult should the terrain be? Different on each day?
It should be passable by a proper rally bike
5. Would you like zero, one, or two optional short non-timed “practice” stages to get used to the roadbooks, unique navigation, and unique terrain in the area? Would you come one or two days early to do the practice stage(s)?
I wouldn't want any extra days, but make them available if enough people do make it available to them
6. Would you like to camp in a bivouac, Dakar style, or pay for hotel rooms a ways away from the start/finish?
7. Are paved liaison sections a major pain, or a minor inconvenience? How far is too far if you have a morning and evening paved liaison?
minor inconvenience: more than an hour of liason isn't much fun
8. Which would you prefer:
a. Moving bivouac (i.e. Dakar and NORRA Mexican 1000, more liaisons, more taco stands).
b. Fixed bivouac (stationary camp, no need for chase crew, no long drive back to the border after you're done).
As others have said either fixed or maybe move it once. Setting up camp after riding 9+hrs blows
9. Would you be willing to pay 3 times more if it was in Western USA instead of Northern Mexico?
That depends on the final reg fee. $1500 to race in the US? Sure, $4500? Not so much.