View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #28
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBigfoot View Post
7k in two weeks is not 40k average for 10 years.
I'm fully aware poeple can rack up a lot of miles on their bikes, that's not my beef. In this case it just seams there are too many bikes, too many miles in too short of time that's all. Won't be the first time, nor the last, I've been wrong though.
What is your beef? I ride more than you?

Let me really mess with your head then! Most of the last ten years, I have been retired. Actually all except for four months, not including this year. I ALSO RODE 40,000 MILES PER YEAR ON AVERAGE the five or six years before I retired. The difference between now and then, is then it was mostly highway miles on Goldwings and now it is more south of the border and Canada/Alaska on Adventure Motos. My late wife and I did 10,000 miles in fifteen days once. Why? Because we wanted to do the four corners of the US and I had sixteen day off work. I laid the trip out to have one spare day. I guess we cheated a bit, we were just short of the 10,000 mile mark upon returning home, so we rode around a bit and timed it so we turned over 10,000 miles about 200 yards from our home.

BTW, the more you ride does not make you more of a motorcyclist! It simply means that you ride more.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote