View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #29
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBigfoot View Post
7k in two weeks is not 40k average for 10 years.
I'm fully aware poeple can rack up a lot of miles on their bikes, that's not my beef. In this case it just seams there are too many bikes, too many miles in too short of time that's all. Won't be the first time, nor the last, I've been wrong though.

I have a confession to make, I did some research! I have not averaged 40,000 miles per year for ten years, it has actually been 14 years!

Seriously, I don't know about other folks, but the first 25 plus years that I rode motorcycles I only accumulated about 75,000 miles on motos. Work, going to college while I worked, raising a daughter with my wife, and starting up manufacturing facilities occupied my time. By 1997, our daughter was out of college and married. I bought a 1997 Kawasaki Concurs. Ten months and 28,000 miles later we traded it in on a 1998 Goldwing. We were finally traveling the US as we had always planned after our daughter was on her own. Four and a half years later the 98 Goldwing with 172,000 miles was traded for a 2002 Goldwing. Then the KLR, R1100GS, KLX, and KTM followed.

I already had the plans for my wife and I to do Central and South America, followed by Europe.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote