View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #31
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stiski View Post
My 04 will endure . I'm hoping that it will one day hit the 100,000 mark with only regular maintiance and some usual wear items. So far, a rebuilt water pump , oil pressure sensor, molded oil pipe / valve and Oberon clutch upgrade has happened. Pretty darn good . On my next valve check I'll be upgrading the oil pressure bypass valve and checking all my hoses and fuel lines for faults.

My guess on doing high miles yearly will not be an issue for you. I think the worst thing you can do to a bike is let it sit., seems thats when running issues happen.

I hope that you do!

I read all of Pydon's thread on his moto. While I am not too impressed with the total engine over haul including the crank-cases being replaced, it seems that most of the faulty issues have been addressed by KTM during the preceding years, including some dowels that may eliminate the reason his cases were replaced. I guess the problem from my perspective is that not many of these motos are used as Adventure Tourers, which is how I will use mine. There is no doubt that I will be adding miles pretty quickly, or I will when I sell my house! Maybe I will answer my own question, of course one moto whether it has a good experience or bad, does not establish an average or an expected life span. I really like my KTM and if it performs to my expectation as an acceptable tool, it will get replaced by another KTM. They havetubelesss wheels now and all kinds of electronic aids, if they can just get one of those eight plus gallon gas tanks, I will be very happy!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote