View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #2482
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
I think you're right about that, but have to say, if you're only going to sell 200-400 units a year, it's foolish to have 'dealers'. Why share the profits for that low of a volume.

I would think that a lot of people would be reluctant to buy a bike with no dealer network. Parts, service, warranty, etc. Yeah, I realize it's been done before, but I do think that having a network in place sorta builds credibility in the minds of potential customers. I know that I often hear that complaint about some other brands, where the person like it says, "but the nearest dealer is 400 mile away..."

Just one of the many aspects they have to consider when attempting to launch a new brand...
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote