Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #694
Gasser
Control crash rider

Oddometer: 140

The Motorcycle sun God is here but the rain Devil took over as the day progressed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Da Grunt himself who laid out the official starting line with his Motion Pro sprayer.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stan with a flat @ mile 12 had a tube but no tire irons, lucky Ed Ung had a 10 year old can of Fix-A-Flat that some how worked to plug a pinched tube.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then it started to rain at 9K elev. but the 09 KTM 200 punched through it with 12K on the original top end as my 72 yr old right wrist spanked its guts out.

[IMG][/IMG]

Marks new Yamadog decided to lay down in the nasty lava rocks twisting the radiator into a leak mode, Gary looked into its eye for vitals and Dennis prayed for continuing spark as I vociferated that, with enough profanity any fix is possible.

[IMG][/IMG]

The windy foggy rain moved in as Stan and his EMT motorcycle Medics worked feverishly to JB Weld the leaking Yamadog's artery as we benchraced joked the time away.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Yamadog laid quietly as six hands worked synchronously for aqua plugging magic to take place as its water heart was inserted back into its chassis.

[IMG][/IMG]

We all donated some CamelBak aqua plasma to the blue dog as radiator surgeon Stan gives the shucks OK for pump actuation.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Kyle Smithís new rear tire after a record making blitz around Mauna Keaís R1 road.

We all froze our okoleís off as we road through the rain and fog dodging big rocks with limited visibility, I had windshield wiper blades glued on both gloves
allowing me to wick it up between quick clear view swipes.

As usual Steve and Lehua Lau put on a great after ride BBQ as we watched MK114 vidís of the Memorial Day weekend ride....Mahalo! to all that helped make this ride happen