View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #573
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurePoser View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks for the thoughtful input about the drugs I will be taking South. Just to clarify, the meds are: Losartan for high blood pressure, Omeprazole for chronic heartburn, and to a lesser degree Ativan which will probably sit in my panniers for the duration...

Based on what I'm reading here, I will have my pharmacist give me a six month supply and just carry it with me, along with the original Rx, and copies...

Cheers,
Steve

According to Wiki Omeprazole is Prilosec and that's over the counter in the states and many other countries. Not sure how much you pay but I take Rantidine every so often (Prilosec is next to it on the counter) and it's pretty cheap at the WalMart.

Losartan, once again according to Wiki, is prescribed to folks who, among other things, don't tolerate an ACE inhibitor well. I have a prescription for an ACE inhibitor and one quirk that I have discovered is that despite what a couple of nurse friends have told me the bp drug that I take (Lisinopril) is much more expensive in Mexico than at the local Walgreens if you have their drug card. Appearantly all of those ACE inhibitors are pricey Down South. Just a data point but not everything is cheaper south of the border.

So yeah ... you are taking a wise course of action to pack them and document them.

Good luck!
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote