View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #12
pne OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Yep that's right.

Day 1: off to a rough start, with the bags packed and the bike ready to go, I'm gearing up when the zipper of my a stars boot comes apart in my hands. I decide to quickly spray my work boots with silicone protectant and head out. It was a beautiful day out which lasted until I got out of town. Then the skies opened up and didn't let up for the rest of the day. A good time to discover my rain gear leaks and so do the boots. After awhile I felt the dreaded wet crotch, but there was no place to pull over. 15 minutes later and I'm soaked to the bone. The rain pants were as good as a seive so I had no choice but to stuff a garbage bag and a microfiber towel down my pants and continue on. Luckily my testicles had receded somewhere into my lower intestines so there was lots of room. My heated jacket controller also shit it's pants and at this point I had enough. I pulled over at a campsite for cover and to warm up.

Luckily there was a shelter and a bit of dry wood someone set aside, so I started a fire in the stove.

An hour later it finally slows to a drizzle and I had back out. Next is riding through jasper national park, no fun when you're still wet. I stopped long enough to warm up and snap a few shots, but got out of there quick as I could.

Finally rolled into golden 6 hours behind schedule and losing sunlight fast. So I wussed out and got a hotel room to dry my gear and a cold beer that sums up my day.

pne screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 10:28 PM
pne is offline   Reply With Quote