View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #35
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
5/28 560 miles total 2583
I started in Missoula, MT and stopped in Spokane Valley, WA . I had lunch with my snow bird friends, Glenn and Ginger.Then I rode north of Seattle to a Walmart. As I left, I heard a depressing sound. An intermittent metallic sound, I found a loose clamp on my left pannier.I tightened it up and got on I-5.I heard it again as I got on the entrance ramp.Luckily there was a sign for the rest area 1/4 mile. When I got there I saw my chain was a little loose and there was some wear on the rear sprocket. They didn't seem bad enough to be the problem.My oil was also slightly below the low mark.I knew that the last time I got gas.I had used a quart since leaving home.I didn't want to add any, since I was going to change it at the end of the day.I put on my spare chain and rear sprocket and added oil to the engine.When I rode it through the parking lot, all was quiet. I'm back on the road, but very concerned.

I was planning to ride to Bellingham, so Wednesday would be a short ride to Pacific Motorsports-the dealer that was going to crate my bike.Then I saw a sign saying the I-5 bridge was closed.A truck hit it and both directions collapsed.I stopped and ate to wait for traffic to clear.I got to Bellingham about 11pm.And once again, no Wi-Fi.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote