View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #42
radianrider OP
Adventurer wanna'be

Oddometer: 403
Blacktruck,
Be safe and get home as soon as you can. I'd like to be reading your reports as you wander around your home as soon as possible.

To all,
Thanks for the encouragement. I intend to continue having quiet "adventures" around here this summer.

I have added a new partner in crime--a very rare moment when I had some money that wasn't budgeted for other needs occurred and I decided to find a bike I have wanted since I first saw one in 1999. This is an '01 with 9700 miles on it.

I have loved the old GR, but I am reluctant to wander too far afield on 30-year-old technology. Hey, I'm no mechanic and I am riding around on a bike I resurrected. :)

I love "classic bikes" too, Blacktruck, and the SV fits many of the attributes I like about them. Light, fun and engaging to ride are the things I look for in a bike. The SV is all of those things, but I have enough confidence in the bike that I can ride further and more often. I think it will be one of bikes that people will look to restore 30 years from now. I just decided to get in on the ground floor.

Looks like I won't be able to keep the old GR. We will have two kids in college next year and the senior year of high school tends to be expensive. Would love to be able to tear it completely down and take care of a few things--has a minor leak at the base of the cylinder heads and all the side cases need to be polished along with the need to paint the bodywork--but it looks like the next owner will have to do that. At least I got it running right and got the electrical system cleaned up. It taught me a lot about working on bikes and gave me a lot of pleasure. That is all I could ask of it. Will be working prepping the tank for paint today.

Enjoyed your report, T125. Beautiful Ducati.

radianrider screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 01:59 AM
radianrider is offline   Reply With Quote