View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #86
Burren Rider OP
Aussie Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater18 View Post
One question I have; What kind of range are you getting? With my 990 I have to carry extra gas on some of our rides. I'm only getting around 170 miles/tank (274 km) riding loaded for weekend camping. In a perfect world, I'd love to see 220 mi (350 km) plus out of a stock tank. However, riding conservative to max your gas milage just isn't possible on a big KTM!
G'Day,

Fuel economy is a lot better than I anticipated. Having heard some horror stories about 990's with drinking problems I wasn't optimistic but so far I am averaging anywhere between 13 - 17km/l on mixed dirt and tar. 13kpl (30mpg) might not seem like a lot but riding my Arrow mapped Tiger 800 on similar terrain (albeit probably a little slower) was returning around 11kpl. On a long wet bitumen ride home last night, it was averaging close to 18kpl so I think 400km is not out of the question when taking it easy. For me though, I am just happy to see that it will comfortably make 300km+ when ridden in the dirt and that is enough to cover most situations until you start heading west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater18 View Post
That 700 looks sweet! Doubt we ever see them here in the states...
The 700 is a kit being put together by some enterprising Australian's so with a bit of luck you might have the ability build one on the other side of the pond somewhere down the track.
Burren Rider is offline   Reply With Quote