View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #57
y0y02369 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorat View Post
if all goes well i think i am going to take a ride around clear lake saturday.
leaving petaluma around 8:30 in the am.

over to napa-berryessa/knoxville to lower lake
maybe 53-20 to 29

damn if I wasn't busy this weekend I would join you! Another fun ride is

From Fremont take 84 East to Pleasanton.
Hook on to Vasco rd and follow signs to Mount Hamilton.
Ride to the top and then follow signs to tne observatory.
Take 680 S to the Sunol Exit and enjoy windy quiet roads.

Might do that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
You might want to try camping south of Tahoe too. There are some good creek side campsites along Slick Rock road near Lake Alpine on Hwy 4. Slick Rock turns into an extreme 4X4 trail (class 5) half way through, so you may not be able to get all the way through. Near there are a couple other lakes good for camping; Utica and Union reservoirs. They are on forest service roads, so the Vulcan can make it.

If you want guided rides (free), sign up for the emails from Cycle Specialties (BMW & Triumph dealer) in Modesto. They do both street and adventure group rides all the time, and all brands are welcome. Their business philosophy seems to be "welcome everyone, and eventually they might become a loyal customer".

I've actually always wanted to go to S Lake Tahoe on a bike, just gotta find friends that ride haha

Sounds like a blasta though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker2 View Post
FWIW - Every one of the main east west routes (120,108,88,50,80) through the sierras has 3 or 4 great north south routes that are worth riding and offer everything from dirt (yankee jim out of Forrest Hill for instance) to single lane (North South off 88 etc.) to twisty and as fast as you'd like (49 south of Angels Camp Unless you don't mind cops in which cast north is nice and historic).

You don't need a GPS for this stuff you just need a decent map and a good sense of direction.
Riding roads like these is where I'd like to progress to one day! You know if any groups do those types of rides leaving from the Bay?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote