View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #51
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,580
SPARE PARTS

Excluding normal maintenance items like oil/air filters, oil, tires, sprockets, chains, and spark plugs, I probably need to consider carrying a few spare items for extended trips into the outback. I have been reading or re-reading Ride Reports that were done on 990s to gain some insight along with info given here, plus info gained from links given here. Here is my list so far, I would appreciate input as to items that I include here that may not be necessary and/or items not included here that should be in the kit.

Fuel Filter Kit by inmate gefr
Fuel Pump Kit by inmate gefr Is this really needed?
Water Pump Rebuild Kits Supplier with reasonable prices?
Oberon Clutch Slave unit or just the O ring?

Please give me input from first hand experience with 990s. Do I understand correctly that fuel pump and water pump issues of past years have been corrected before 2007? What about the Clutch Slave issues? I don't mind buying the parts, but I will be doing a lot of two-up touring and space will be limited. Thanks!

I won't have these before my next Mexico trip in a few weeks, but I will be "assembling" my kit when I return. Thanks!

Donnie

Added: What are tools that would be essential to carrying out road side or parking lot repairs that are not included in the tool kit that came with the KTM. I have plenty of tools, but I don't want to carry anything I don't need. I will normally start work on the KTM with the supplied tools and once I establish that acceptable tools are there, I might switch over to tools that make it a bit easier, but I don't carry those tools on the road because of space and weight. Among other things, I have already added a spark plug wrench and a 19MM socket for the main oil drain plug.

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 08:56 AM
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote