View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #151
Racer111v
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
so the big news...the upcoming national at Southwick will be the "last one", and per his son Ryan via facebook it will also be John Dowds last year riding nationals so there is that too.

personally I've been to southwick 2 years running and will go to the next one which is in just a few weeks but it is the most god awful track to spectate I've ever seen and the goddam fences make it even worse to try to point a lens at anything. hard to pass up as it's actually closer than unadilla for me but I'm not losing any sleep over it..
I heard the same news. There has been some talk about NHMS in Loudon NH building a MX track to host a National.I have skipped the Southwick National a few times because it is such a poor track to spectate,but there have been some epic races there. It was a tuff track to spectate even in the early 80's when the crowds were small.
I'm glad I finally got to Steel City before that went away. That was a great track to spectate. I never went to Binghamton, NY , and I heard they sold their date years ago for 1 million or so. So there must be some money in holding a race...
Racer111v is offline   Reply With Quote