View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #293
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,792
I took a look at your OST track. We were well west of you on this trip.

I have done a lot of the ride you showed. There is a slight problem in that much of it is on Jicarilla Reservation land. They usually have signs saying do not enter, but they have never bothered me.

It was really interesting to see that the road at the north end of your track went thru into Colorado. I always thought with the intersection of two Indian reservations, National Forest, and a state boundary that it would be closed.

I find it much less stressful to stay on BLM and Forest land.

We tried your Track 6 south of 84 leading to Abiquiu resevoir many years ago. It ran into a vertical wall at a mesa. We had noted there was a road on top and only a half mile gap or so between them.

I guess I have seen the Auto track logging function and was reluctant to try it because I have had so many problems with the GPS unit making any decisions.

But I will try it next time I am out.

Actually I have found .2 mile per point works well for navigation 99.9% of the time. But with the 60 I didn't have much choice. There have been maybe a couple of instances where a turn was a little hard to find.

But I admit it isn't as pretty on the map.

I suspect that if the AZBDR goes thru the area near the Grand Canyon west of Tuba City that there will be a lot more guys riding there, and the Navajos will start enforcing the permit rule more.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote