Originally Posted by wbbnm
1) We were well west of you on this trip.
2) They usually have signs saying do not enter, but they have never bothered me.
3) We tried your Track 6 south of 84 leading to Abiquiu resevoir many years ago. It ran into a vertical wall at a mesa.
4) I guess I have seen the Auto track logging function and was reluctant to try it because I have had so many problems with the GPS unit making any decisions.
1) I was just talking about Durango area. See attached file. Thanks for riding some options I did not catch. In all my tracks open then and if there is time tag it is has been riden by me or someone on the net. If no time tag it is just a plan.
2) The signs kind of imply roads are open but don't get off them. I passed a few vehicles and just waved.
3) Re Track 6, did that highway section in motorhome. Thanks, I will delete Track 6 from next scouting trip. What about Tracks 2 & 7?
4) Know what you mean but old units to two "Auto" things very good. First as I said "Auto" on active log points is very smart algorithum, maximum accuracy with minimum of no information points. Your 0.2 is a big waste on straight and very poor on sharp turns. See attached file at Jacob Lake. Other is "Save" in GPS vs "Filter to 500" in Mapsource. GPS always gives you 500 points, MS cn give you as few as 300, Algorithum is veryi different. I use 500 point tracks from Gas to Gas for all my Dual Sport rides and I really like to get the full 500.