View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
Joey Stalin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
I'm reading that the Airmada is a totally different fit than the Airframe and other ICON helmets.

That doesn't bother you?

I'm looking for long oval, or close to it, so I won't consider the rest of ICON's helmet line. (just considering the Airmada)
I've had an Icon Alliance for years now and it is a great helmet. I have what I'm told is a long oval, the only other helmets that fit me are the Arai Signet Q and Bell RS-1 (sorta). My Alliance has been a great helmet, I found it comfortable, quiet, and have had no problems with the plastic degrading.

RE: the point about Icon not making their own stuff. I'd say the majority of retailers work this way. At least in the regular clothing market. Look at that building collapse in Bangladesh a few weeks ago. How many different companies were blamed for buying their clothing from a supplier with such poor working conditions? I remember reading the Teiz thread when they first came around, much talk about "working with suppliers" to get the product right. I was surprised to see a "Made In China" tab on a $1,000 Kilm jacket. I'll be damned if I ever buy a "premium" product that's made in China. For that price you're telling me they couldn't afford to pay western workers? BS. I digress. Icon gets a bad rap for being flashy, but they have some good stuff in the mix.
Joey Stalin is online now   Reply With Quote