View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #41
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
5/30/2013
In the morning I went to LEI at the airport to fill out shipping papers and pay $1694.77 for the transport.While I was there, the crated bike arrived from Pacific Motorsport. I helped uncover and open things for their inspection. After that, I went an hour east to visit and spend the night with snowbird friends. It was the best sleep I had in a week.I wanted to visit other friends also, but they were even farther from the airport.

I left for the airport a little after 9am. My flight was at 2:45. But I was told I should be there 4 hours early.I returned my car and waited through lines.I finally ate at a Tim Hortons. A good sandwich, doughnut, and large ice tea for the $6.02. Almost free for airport rates.

You know when you're waiting for a plane and there is a screaming kid near, you hope they will be in first class.Well I had the little screamer 2 seats and an aisle away. Earplugs with earphones over top work magic. I also had a great aisle seat with emergency exit duties. 6 feet of open space straight in front of me. And the woman next to me was moved forward. My longest flight ever. But it was good. The Korean Air crew was the best I ever saw also. 2 meals and snacks.

I took a bus to Seoul where I have 3 nights booked. It took about an hour. As usual, I couldn't find where I wanted to go. I did my usual routine. I was taken to my hotel in a police car.

I will try to edit some pictures into this journal this afternoon. I just haven't had time yet.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote