View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #103
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter2811 View Post
SRSLY?

“Regarding the incident between Valentino Rossi (ITA) and Alvaro Bautista (ESP) in the MotoGP race of Mugello on 2 June. The Race Direction has reviewed the incident and held a hearing with both riders where all available evidence was reviewed. Based on this evidence the Race Direction decision is that it was a racing incident and no further action will be taken.”

So, if they found AB at fault, they dock him 10 championship points? Big deal, he aint never gonna win it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I don't doubt AB didn't see VR but, I think AB assumed he had a gap/clear track and could move rapidly across the track where he wanted. I think the more thoughtful racer would have doubts that there would be such openness on the track right at the start when he was side-side with others just moments before the collision make his moves more carefully. This is why the fault would lie with AB IMO.
Agreed. Racing incident and should not have happened with anybody, not just Rossi. AB just looked like he assumed the track was clear.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote