View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #80
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
the 950 and we mean carbed lc8 needs much lower pressure and has no room for a plunge fp. A regulator could resolve the pressure difference problem, combined with a return line and a way to sink the pump in fuel in order to cool it. I believe the Dr Bean mod on the original fp is a fairly reliable solution. If your life depends on this, a new fp with DrBean's mod and a small milliage to make sure of its longevity would suffice.

the 990 will need a replacement fp to carry with you, with a filter set to change when needed. The fuel filters are not heavy to pick them up along the way, posted to your hotel. The pump could be squeezed in your luggage. Should run reliably for who knows how long. After that be prepared to replace on the road. Not too difficult but keeping the filters clean should lengthen fp longevity.
Cheers.

Just curious. Is there any reason that the KTM gas filter will stop up or cause a problem any more than the fuel filter that was in my R1100GS? I know that the R1100GScontinuouslyyrecirculatedd its fuel while I understand the KTM does not. I always carried a spare fuel filter with me on that moto, even though it was usually the filter I had most recently removed as part of regular maintenance on that moto.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote