OK. I will put out what I have learned along with a few tips.
Lets say that you start with someone else's long route and need it to work.
1. Open in Basecamp and let it autoroute using the options you provide.
2. Make a track from the route. (always useful if confusion happens later)
3. Open and change the route to direct mode. (helpful because it takes out the extra hidden points and reduces the size of your route (OK I get it now))
4. You might want to change it back to a non-direct route to check if it has changed for the track.
5. If is fine change it back to a direct route. If not add some points to get it right.
6. Use the list of points and properties box to figure out which is the 50th via point. Do this by selecting the first point and using the shift and down button to select 50 via points. You could copy and paste but there might be an easier way.
7. Now select only the 50th point, right click and click "divide". This will cut the route into two pieces and give them weird names, so it is helpful to change them now. (dirt trail 1, dirt trail 2, .....)
8. If the second piece is still over 50 via points long, repeat the process.
9. Transfer the route to your GPS and verify that it works.
Oh yea Oregon 200 City navigator 2012
Bikes I own
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1992 Yamaha XT225
duanew1 screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 01:31 PM