View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #99
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,009

This fellow has had very good luck with nothing but Goop! I bought my $7 tube today! I use metal 90 degree and straight metal valve stems from Rocky Mountain ATV for $2.00 each. I have been using them for the past five or six years with 200,000 miles plus and never had one fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolero View Post
My 08 990 had 40,000 miles before my first wp rebuild. I could not believe it either but yeah.
I replaced a seal on the KLR once and both Goldwings had their's replaced in the 150,000 to 186,000 mile range under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail bandit View Post
Just slightly off topic but related to trip preparation.

I've ordered this set up from Madstad and side deflectors from aeroflow. Had a madstad screen before and they are brilliant. My hearing gets messed up from buffet even with C3 and good moulded ear plugs so anything that helps makes a trip more enjoyable. Might be worth looking at.

If I didn't have hearing problems already I'd always cut screens down to shorties and get into clear air. Buffets buggered my hearing and can't be underestimated in damage it can cause. Pic here of the set up I'm getting.
I just received my "new" used windshield from an Inmate yesterday. Cee Bailey makes two heights for the 990, I bought the shorter of the two, even though the descriptions suggested I probably needed the taller. They was right, I was wrong! The taller is better! Now I need to put my old one up for sale, maybe the OEM one as well.
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote