View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #52
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer
Doogle's Avatar
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ohio-Cincinnati
Oddometer: 541
I got up at 5am and had breakfast. Then I went to an ATM machine and withdrew 100, 000 wons.Today it gave me money, because I requested it from the correct account. Now I had money to buy a bus ticket. I took the hour bus ride to the airport to retrieve my motorcycle. Korean Air sent me to customs. Another 10 minute bus ride.Next I went to the correct customs building. They said I needed to go into Incheon DMV for some papes.Another hour bus ride and an hour of confusion. I finally finish and take the hour bus ride back to customs,

Everybody did rush helping me.Especially Mrs. Shinn.She brought me pizza, Coke, tea, and some leftover snacks from a celebration. She knew I had not eaten since 5am.The reason for my rush was he airport is on an island. Motorcycles are not allowed on the expressway. So you need to take a short ferry ride to get to the mainland. The last ferry leaves at 630.I finished with customs at 540. I was taken to the cargo terminal, a 10 minute ride. They rushed to get my crate and set it outside. My driver helped my uncrate my bike. With time running out, I put my panniers, tail bag, windshield, mirrors, and tank bag in the drivers car.These were removed for crating.I could put them on while on the ferry. We may make it in time. I hit the start button and have no electric. I asked the driver to roll a window down so I can hold on as he drives to bump start the bike.The 3rd pull it starts.Now I follow him 9 miles to the ferry.
As I'm following him I realize why the bike had no electric. When I shipped the bike, I had go disconnect the battery.I'm surprised it would start with the ground disconnected.The guy is running red lights to get me there in time.They were just closing the gate when we got there.They let me on. I parked my bike, as the driver and 2 ferry employees unloadedal my panniers, tailbag, and wwindshield.

During the ferry ride, I put everything on the bike except the windshield. And I reattaced the battery. When we got to the unloading area, I road the bike off and finished putting everything else back together. Finally on the road back to Seoul. It took about 2 hours going through city rush hours traffic.I decided to sleep a couple hours before riding to Sokcho and boarding that ferry.This ferry only runs once a week, and you need to be there by 9am.I slept from 12 to 2am.Then I left about 230am for the 5 hour ride.

Doogle screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 06:37 AM
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote