Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
Ponies ate my Bagel OP
Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer: 1,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Man View Post
Im in ...well not really but Ill be reading carry on
so grand pa is going to be rideing a Harley ? brave man
be sure and get the wife a back brace ...most drug stores carry them ..not expencive I have the same problems with my back ...and cant make 200 miles without the back brace ...can do 400 or more with it .
I believe both my Grandpa and my great uncle will be riding Harleys. As much as we like to make fun of them, modern Harleys can be nice for cruising. I know they took a trip up to Canada last year and did around 2500 miles.

The wife and I went through probably 6 back braces before we found "the one" and she absolutely loves it. She wears it all the time and it really makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebone View Post
i have some idea how much stuff you need to cram onto the bike for a solo trip and it's quite a bit. i'm sure curious how you're going to be able to do it riding 2-up especially since the rear seat is ussually part of the packing plan. i'm going to assume camping is going to be out of the question.
We'll be hotel camping unfortunately. If it was just me I'd camp all the way, but pop and uncle Larry are older and don't want to sleep on the ground. My wife's back just won't take camping for more than a night, but she loves it.
DRZ400SM with SM/DS wheelsets Sold
2002 Honda VFR Interceptor Went Kablooey!
Ponies ate my Bagel is offline   Reply With Quote