View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #176
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,490
So I did go and about halfway through the race I caught myself thinking that I wish I didn't. It was so dusty that following anybody close was impossible, and I kept thinking that I cannot afford to take any chances trying to pass in ero visibility. What happened to watering the course?

I got the worst start ever, for some reason I keep going sideways when the flag drops. Dead last into turn 1 and instead of pushing to pass as many people as possible I just stayed back thinking I could pick people one by one. Wrong. The dust made it dangerous and I just fell back. The course was beat to sh*t with braking bumps all over the place. Overall the layout was nice but the dust ruined it for me. Did I mention it was dusty as fu*k? I guess that is why they call them dirt bikes :)

Anyways, I ended up getting 8th in my novice class. Heavyweight 450 is quite a bit more competitive that Vet 450 so I was not surprised. As much as I hated it next after the race I already wanted to race again. I guess suffering makes me feel macho. Too bad next race is not until October ;(

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote