View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #1311
bgoodsoil OP
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
for both? a half a pint, maybe.. but at least with linseed oil, (a great choice, imo) you can re-apply anytime. Actually you'll probably need to re-apply once a year at least. It will darken it slightly, but it will make it look richer, and more wonderful first.
I'm sold. I'll get some linseed oil after I spend the next 12 hours in my hammock half-drunk, popping Ibuprofen, reading a book. I could sure use more wonderful right now

That shock rebuild's gonna have to wait for me too, Solo. I've spent way too much on this already.

I'm already putting parts together for the next rebuild. I really think I can run those races with Jason and Jenna next year. I've got an aluminum r1100s tank that weighs 8 pounds(versus 19 withOUT the tankbags on the HPN) for $90 shipped. I've also got a new seat and subframe to build to shed all this crap I just created. There's no reason to haul all the touring gear at a rallye.

Which, again, would be great IF THE DAMN THING RAN

*edit: You know how long this bike's been down? So long that I felt the need to add that smiley to my 'favorite smileys' list. I think I'm going to be using it a lot in the near future

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code

bgoodsoil screwed with this post 06-07-2013 at 04:24 PM
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote