Thread: Rally WV 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #55
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
If you raced last year you may have seen this e-mail from John.

"All East Coast Riders,

We've only had about seven [moto] entries for this years Rally West Virginia and I wanted to reach out see if there is any reason(s) more riders haven't entered. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Call me at the number below if you want to talk.

Early entry is over June 20th.

John Shirley
Chairman
Rally West Virginia
865-805-0831"

Last year there were 13 competitors. Anybody else care to speculate? Is it price? Schedule? Normal procrastination?
Unfortunately for me it was a $$$ thing. We're about to move and finances are super tight. I was on the fence about entering anyhow as I wouldn't be competitive, but I am in that area of WV at least a few times a month during warm months, and literally every weekend during ski season, so it's like a second home to me and I just wanted to ride. I think this whole rally scene is awesome because of the grassroots feel, but I know ALOT goes into planning/executing these events, so with the $400-500 price tag (depending on when one enters), I still feel it's a VERY fair price. I just couldn't squeeze it into the budget this year.

Will definitely be there to watch/support/crew/etc!
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote