View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #62
Doogle OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
6-4-13

6-4-13 Tuesday
I got to the terminal before they opened. So I went looking for tires. No luck there, so I went back to the terminal. They were open this time. I bought my ticket for the bike 589 won-about $530.This also stared the customs process. Then I bought my ticket -about $115. As I went to move my bike, I saw 2 bikers. I asked if they were Igor and Penny, from New Zealand.It was them. I had communicated with them on the forum. I thought they might be on this ferry.

4 hours later we are loaded and on our way.There are only about 15 passengers on this big boat. And the cargo area is also pretty empty. I walked around the boat with Igor and Penny for a while then went to my room. I thought I would be sleeping on the floor with my cheap ticket. But I was in a 10 bunk room by myself. I slept about 3 hours. I got up and found Igor and Penny in the cafeteria. We had a decent supper.I have no idea what it was. A little later I went back to bed. This time I slept 8 or 9 hours. A few hours later were in Zarubino, Russia.

Immigration went rather quickly. Then we went to customs. This didn't go so fast. Everybody was helpfully-it just seemed like they were new to the process. But we were on our way 5-6 hours later. I will travel with Igor and Penny, maybe through Mongolia. I hope Igor doesn't get tired of educating me on using my tablet. He has taught me a lot.And Penny knows a little Russian.I already feel like I am a burden to them.

We rode about 130 miles to VVladivostok and found the hostel Variant-$75 for the 3 of us.Igor and Penny found a restaurant in the hostel. I found a bottle of Fanta, potato chips, and a Snickers for my daily food supplement.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote