View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #8001
BykBoy
Meshuganeh

Oddometer: 542
MRA X-Creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade

Installed the MRA X-Creen Add-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade on my Carbon Fiber windscreen.

The X-Creen is fully adjustable. The mounting arms have a pivot point at the windscreen and at the X-Creen. This allows the X-Creen to be set at infinite positions.

The X-Creen positioned high over the CF windscreen:

The X-Creen positioned in the middle:

The X-Creen positioned as low as possible:

There are two tabs that hold the adjustment arms in place. When the tabs are vertical, the X-Creen is locked in place. When they are horizontal (as seen in the photo), the X-Creen can be adjusted:

Here is the mounting bracket that connects the X-Creen to the windscreen. I drilled two holes in the CF windscreen for each arm mount. The long arms have two pivot points on the base: up and down + left and right. This allows the arms to be installed on almost any angle windscreen

View from the rider's seat with X-Creen in high position:

Technical drawing showing the arms, pivot points, locking tabs, and windscreen mounts:

Took it out for a short ride. It helps a lot with the buffeting and wind protection when set in the high position. It's probably not suitable for riding single track through the woods though. However, I can easily remove it by taking out the two screws that hold the lower (windscreen) mounting pivots.
Product looks to be well built. It is clearly designed for touring and road use. Not sure how it will hold up in rough riding. Time will tell.

BykBoy screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 08:23 PM
BykBoy is online now   Reply With Quote