View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #78
roaming_art
In transit...

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilZ View Post
Just got back from a 10 day TAT & other back roads ride (NE New Mexico to Rifle CO.) on a GSA by way of Cape Girardeau MO (MO, TN, AR, OK, NM, CO, KS, MO). Be prepared for windy conditions through Oklahoma and very chilly nights at altitude in CO. Cottonwood Pass was impassable (May 29), so we went through Kebler Pass (beautiful). Enjoy the ride.
Thanks for the update, good to hear a bigger bike then mine is riding these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5k View Post
stay safe out there
Always ready bro, never safe. Hahaha, glad to have you along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
Just a heads up...went TN to OK last month. In AR the gas wells are popping up everywhere as well as oil/gas wells in OK. The big trucks/equipment are using a lot of the same roads (even smaller dirt roads) you'll be on. Nice bridges over a couple creeks but big trucks using them too. I went through on weekends so not too much traffic. To clarify, not throughout the entire routes in each state, just certain sections. If I recall more in the western sections of each. As NeilZ mentioned...the trees in OK point North for a reason. At times adds to "fun" of the gravel roads but not as bad as on the pavement.

Have a great time!

Also, I didn't have any tree issues but I got a "hand pull" chain saw chain type set-up to save space. Just stuck it under the seat. Never used it so can't advise but bow saw looks to be just as convenient.
Thanks for the well wishes and advice. This will be interesting to say the least. Head out tomorrow morning, woot!
No lazy, sun-kissed life was this, with nothing to do but loaf and be bored. Here was neither peace, nor rest, nor a moment's safety. All was confusion and action, and every moment life and limb were in peril. - Jack London
roaming_art is offline   Reply With Quote