Thread: Motoflyfishing
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
doorman OP
Aimless

Oddometer: 227
Cool to see some other folks with the same two interests. I think riding and fishing are a perfect fit. I will keep this updated as I get out more. If anyone wants to chime in with tips or tricks, or share their own pictures feel free.

It's been raining pretty much all day here in Eau Claire, but I managed to get out for about an hour.

Here is the pond I tried today

Pretty scummy

I recently bought some cheap frogg togg rain gear and so far have been loving it. It poured pretty good on the way to the pond, but I stayed dry.

Got set up and on the second cast I missed a strike. Dang. Missed two more and moved to the other side of the pond.

Hooked this guy right away

Then for the life of me I couldn't get the fly to float anymore. I switched to a few different flies, but the fish just weren't showing near the interest as they were in the fist fly. Missed one more and then decided to leave.

Anyone have any tips for keeping the flies afloat? After maybe 10 casts they get so soaked they won't stay up. I was told chapstick works, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Had a good time nevertheless.

Hopefully I will be able to take some trips to the Driftless area soon and try some of the streams there. I still think I need a lot of practice though.

Motoflyfishing
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894025
doorman is offline   Reply With Quote