View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #102
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
With my leaving date soon approaching I decided to head down to Savannah on last time..no pics of nice old buildings or tree filled parks...I just went down to eat and swim! I've been on a baked goods kick lately so I wanted to try a bakery I had read about and one of those snazzy cupcake places that are all the rage now. Sorry about the foggy cell phone pics..I decided to leave the real camera at home..and well it's summer in the low country...cameras fog up!

I was also meeting a possible buyer for my vstrom so the old two birds with the same stone type thing. We were meeting at Sandfly BBQ which is close to Skidwaway Island State park. On the way to the bbq place I happened to pass one of the bakeries I had looked up..a quick uturn later I saw sampling some very tasty donuts. The name is Bakers Pride Bakery..I've not seen a bakery with so much selection in years..it's well worth the stop if your in Savannah.

Donuts in Savannah, GA Saturday 06.08.13 by dsrphotography, on Flickr

Donuts in Savannah, GA Saturday 06.08.13 by dsrphotography, on Flickr

After that we headed to Sandfly BBQ..the food was decent..the french frys were very nice. I got a pulled chicken plate with mac and cheese..I would have liked the chicken a bit more smoked but that's just personal preference. Overall pretty decent..shoulda took a pic but I scarfed it down too fast.

After lunch we went out to Tybee Island for a swim and to gawk at all the bathing beauties...sadly no pics either.

Heading out of town we stopped at the Sweet Carolina Cupcake shop. I got the Elvis which consisted of Banana bread with peanut butter icing and bacon bits. The cupcake was good. I wish they would have used real bacon as bits are a woefully poor imitation of bacon.

The elvis Cupcake.. Banana bread, peanut Butter icing with bacon. by dsrphotography, on Flickr

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote