Thread: Nascar 2013
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #255
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Pocono was hands down the fakest race NASCAR has ever run, I didn't see a reason for any of the cautions aside from bunching up the field for TV. That first caution that came on a commercial and wasn't even mentioned until 20 laps later was fully bogus. There wasn't a need for a full course caution, not once, every single issue was able to clear itself up...let them race, if it's too boring for TV don't go back to Pocono.

Sad day for NASCAR.
I was wondering why the race was on TNT this weekend and I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Fox knew the racing is shit at this track and didn't want to bother with the broadcast because there isn't any commercial revenue from its habitually poor attendance/viewership.

I used the time to play with the Rally Navigator Program (which is totally badass BTW) and actually found myself frustrated with the cautions at the end of the race. I kept having to grab the remote to fast forward past the BS, to just see the finish of the race, and it took me away from my route creation.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote