View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #13
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
the ferry ride over to troon was pretty uneventful...
and the weather was definitely improving.

except for the poor smokers.......!!!

they had to wait 25 minutes until the observation deck opened up so that they could sort out the craving....!!!

it really was an intense 25 minutes for these poor guys and as i sat there i couldn't but help feel sorry for them....

once the observation deck was opened there was a clamour for the door and by the time i got up to it the place was like a fog of cigarrette smoke !!

but the people were definitely starting to cool down and relax..

i headed down to watch the 'in-flight' movie and it was a good laugh 'the zookeeper' - i had seen it before but it helped pass the time easy..

ferry docks........awway like mad up the road......any road.....high road.....low road.....except i took the wrong road.........and ended up in Largs !!!

beautiful place with massive marina........i had sailed up these parts....the clyde..hebrides......islands.......on a sail boat many years before in my youff !!

the sun was setting now and i had planned to get as far as a town with a mighty name - Balloch, pronounced Bollox roughly translated....!! So only quick look
around Largs, couple of pics and offf again...

big church type place in Largs

ferry boats and bikes and sun and girls

nice place to hang out in the evening...

i would have liked to shoot the breeze with this crew but Ballochs was calling...so steamed up a nice road over hills and round bends till i made the erskine bridge

cool looking bridge...the scots are supposed to be mighty engineers and proof of this is all over the country with bridges, ships and such.

eventually Balloch- situated at the bottom end of loch lomond........at the beginning of the loch tourist experience...nice...!!!

as i was so late getting here i went into the balloch house hotel, cool oldy worldy place and got a room at a price i could have argued about but didnt...!!

the photo above is from the hotel so i was in magical land by now......too late to get food there...so i went a hunting for a chippie........nae bother...!!

house hotel, poor photo..!!

the chippie had everything from fish suppers, burgers, deep fried mars bars to haggis......i was only up for a bag of chips by then...!!

went back up to lakeside and shared them with 2 ducks....mallard......the female sucked all of them up leaving bugger all for the male.she was just too fast..!!!

i knew his situation, i felt for the shiny green and purple little guy.....!!

this is the view the ducks have every evening......not too shabby...

next thing you know this little guy and his mate appeared and hung out with me to watch the setting sun..

last photo before dark......in for some beer......!!!

real nice room....real nice hotel....very higly recommended....at least i liked it and it was in a great spot for touring...there were other bikers staying there also
so it is on the biker map....!!!

i should explain the suzuki jacket versus the triumph bike......but i can't !

dreamed dreams of wildly watery things in envelopes of not so watery things.........confusing - even for me....!

room with a view........!!!

just so you know , if ever you are in balloch this place will look after you for sure......!!! (no, i have nothing to do with them at all)

it's morning time and i want to get going a.s.a.p. - so no delay.....head north up the west side of bonnie loch lomond...in the gloamin'

and it is a bit gloomy...or overcast anyways

this was a wee house of many colours in their garden in a wee place called luss..

and then more of the loch.....

looking south at loch lomond...

and looking north.....

by now i need to put in a picture of a bike, any bike and the tiger looked well by the loch, even if the camera was playing up like puck and the weather was poor..

....gotta go.....thank you for your time.
..later
mka is offline   Reply With Quote