View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #40
bricaud
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Maui Sport Bike Rentals

Aprilia Shiver 750 rented from Maui sport bike rentals by bricaud14, on Flickr[/IMG]

Aprilia Shiver 750 rented from Maui sport bike rentals by bricaud14, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sorry for the slow response. Haven't been on in a while. We had a great trip to Maui in February. I rented an Aprilia 750 Shiver from http://mauisportbikerentals.com/shop/

Austin the owner delivers all bikes to your hotel using his pickup. This was great as I was able to leave the rental car for my wife. After making my reservation a few days earlier, Austin delivered the bike right on time to my hotel and did a short intro to the bike and then left me with the keys, a helmet and and route ideas. $200 and the bike was mine for 24 hrs.

I had a blast exploring the west side of the island and then heading to the high country and south side up by the winery and wind mills. The roads in this section were perfectly kept asphalt with no traffic.

The Shiver was a blast and a welcome change to my dual sport. This would be a great second bike to have around town. Quick and snappy, with tons of torque.

I did run into some bike troubles but the owner was quick to make it right. At the location in the photos above, I has stopped for a lunch break and photos. When I went to take off, the bike was showing an error code on the display and wouldn't start. After calling the owner, he immediately dropped what he was doing and delivered a replacement bike free of charge. Turns out the Aprilia has a few well known problems with its ignition. Out of the bikes Austin had in his inventory I settled on a Yamamha R1 to use up the rest of my rental period. Austin added an extra 24 hrs to my rental period free of charge. Needles to say this was my second time on a sport bike and the R1 was a handful but super fun. Returning to the west side of the island and to our resort was interesting. The R1 was very different from the dual sports and dirt bikes I am familiar with, very uncomfortable and VERY FAST. I ran out of road, way before throttle. Pretty fun, but a liter bike sure seems unreasonable on public roads. Glad I made it home in one piece.

A day and a handful of rides later, Austin returned to collect a bike.

I will do business with Maui Sport Bike Rentals when I return to Maui. Austin was standup and handled the broken bike correctly..

bricaud screwed with this post 06-11-2013 at 10:34 AM
bricaud is offline   Reply With Quote