View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman View Post
Hey rotaryracer,

Great looking product, I think I want one but need to be sure it will hold my cycle pump. Can you post the inside dimensions of the new box, couldn't find them on the website. I need the touratech specific mount. Also, will the boxes work with the touratech pannier special set, the narrower panniers, I think it special set are the same distance as the regular panniers on the drive shaft side of the bike, but cut out for the muffler on the left side of the bike. Here is a link to the panniers for your reference.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/2...DV-Black-Racks

thanks
Hi Danman - here are some measurements in the pic below. These are external, so I would take a couple tenths of an inch off for material thickness and movement in the box. As an example, exterior length is 11.75" and internal length is about 11.5". The door opening is 2.375" wide by 5.5" high with the door completely removed from the box (it's not hinged and just lifts out), and the external width of the box is 3.25". Let me know if there's any other measurements you'd like to see?

If the Touratech racks are anything like Holan (and I would expect they are, given the two companies past relationship), the non-exhaust side will be the same and they'll only change up the exhaust side rack. You should be in good shape to mount it up, but on the off chance it doesn't fit up as expected, just let me know and we'll make it right.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 06-14-2013 at 06:39 PM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote