View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #2
rockydog OP
just a guy

Oddometer: 772
Spillane's pub, pronounced Spil-lands

On the northern coast of the Dingle peninsula in Fahamore having a glass of suds. Another misty, rainy glorious day. Went over Conner pass in a minor league shower and saw the edge of the road, great ride, almost turned around to repeat.

While in Kinsale last week I headed south to the lighthouse on the point it shares with the Old Head golf links, a veddy posh 18 holes I discovered when I was denied access at the gate house, right behind this

Dress code. And I thought I looked sharp, so back down the road to the Speckled Door pub where I told 2 guys sitting at the picnic table by the door not to steal the bike. They said be quick and bring a beer. One gent confirmed the dress code and said I work at the gate tomorrow after 4 and if you come back you can drive my car up. Another Guiness for the lad.

Next day helmet and jacket in the gate house I started to take pics

Returned to the car for the light house shots I really wanted and I had locked his keys in the car. And I found out that if my handicap was over 25 I couldn't play there. Handicap? Another glorious day in Ireland

Rockydog woofs the isles, British isles
rockydog is offline   Reply With Quote