Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #6
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,532
All -

I called Sandy Byrne today and got answers to my questions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
1. I am assuming there is some training required. When would we have to report in by? That will obvioulsy affect our respective schedules.

A: Volunteers have to be available by noon on Thursday before the race. There is a track walk that afternnon, followed by training. Dinner is provided.

2. Also, I am assuming for planning purposes that we are talking eight-hour days for at least Friday through Sunday, correct?

A: From noon Thursday into the evening; Friday, bikes on the track fo rpractice, meals provided, expect a long day. Saturday, another potentially long day with bikes on the track for qualifying, again with meals provided. Sunday of course is race day, and volunteers should expect to be available all day htrough the end of the races.

Finally, my brother loved the Indy Mile event on Saturday evening last year - would this affect our ability to attend that?

A: I specifically asked about attending the Mile, and although meals (including dinner) are again provided, if volunteers want to break away to go to the Fairgrounds for the Mile, that is okay. In fact, Sandy said they may have discount tix available.
Thanks!
I hope this helps!

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote