View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #1313
bgoodsoil OP
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,196
Quote:
Darn. If only you had a good old reliable Honda 350 in the shop as a backup bike. No, wait. There it is.
That's not the one I got from Matt. I fixed it up and sold it to pay for this one since it had a disk. I did a lot of work to it but it's got a few issues that I'm not dealing with until MY bike runs.

The bike runs!.....kinda. It fires up alright but it wants to die on me I putted around the yard a bit but my shoulder's all jacked up. It blew a lot of dark smoke out at first. I did the 'rev it up and kill it' thing a few times and the amount of smoke went down a LOT. It's still super rich and I think that's the rest of the smoke. The smoke reeks of gas.

Anyways, I'm going to take a crack at tuning this myself. I bought an air fuel gauge and I'm going to mount it permanently on the handlebar. How cool will that be!?

http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motor.../dp/B004MDT8MW

Has anyone ever used one of these? I have to weld the mount for it into the exhaust and I need to hit both pipes so I don't have a lot of choice on where to put it.

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is online now   Reply With Quote