View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #69
y0y02369 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,080
Alright so Sunday plans didn't turn out as desired... turns out N Peak Access Road is restricted to authorized vehicles only... i was pissed especially since i had called and asked if commercial vehicle were allowed and was told yes.. which means we had to find out a new route... we found another road that would lead us through the mountains called San Pedro Road but apparently that is closed for some reason or another... At this point my buddy and i decided just say f*** it and decided to just take 92 back all the way home.

On arrival to the top of 92 where it meets with 35, i remembered seeing 35 going all the way through the mountains and connecting with 84, so i decided to go with it, my buddy just followed along! He's a really good guy for when it comes to changing plans.

Here's My route

So we turned right onto 35 and enjoyed very little traffic, chilling weather and driving through the clouds... literally. I recorded the ride (will upload soon) and there are literally points where my buddy disappear into the clouds. First time on wet roads with my new KLR and first time for my buddy... period. So it was a really fun ride although after finishing our ride, we both agreed we were being very cautious on the ride

We kept riding along this road enjoying the windy roads and solitude. We get to the point where 35 and 84 meet and i realize we are right by Alice's Restaurant! We stopped for a beer, a lot of water, and warm tea... i was kind of broke so i just asked for hot water

After Alice's we took 84 down and decided to take a detour and took small roads, which eventually led us to Page Mill Rd. Although it was pitch black, it was a really enjoyable ride because it was way better than taking freeways.

Got home around 9:45pm tired but VERY happy with our day. Another day for books!
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote