View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Cpt. Ron OP
Advrider #128

Oddometer: 3,243
Stuck, Hurt or Lost--Lessons Learned

Well there has been quite a reaction and debate about a 1200GS that was abandoned in an OHV park when the rider couldn't get the bike up and out:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894577

Funny enough, I was in the same boat just a couple of weeks prior not too far away from the rider in that thread. After discussing my situation with my riding buddies and family, a few lessons were learned. I'm sure the above mentioned post will have some learning points as well. Thus, this thread. I would like to discuss these issues as a way for others to learn from our mistakes. So, have you gotten yourself stuck someplace you couldn't ride the bike out? Did your bike fail you out in the middle of nowhere? Did you crash and get hurt and couldn't ride? What were your preparations before your incident? What went right and wrong in your "rescue"? What would you do differently next time?

"If you remember that the difference between a learning experience and a mistake is that a mistake is a repeated learning experience, all shall be well."------Pin-it-Dad!!

"I don't know what you do, but I know what I do, and I don't do that." --Uncle Doug, R.I.P.
"Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible"--Reinhold Messner
Cpt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote