View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #70
GuiltyParty OP
drifter

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Apparently some of my Turkish friends were exaggerating also

When do you think you will be getting into Mongolia? I'll be in Altai by this time next week at the latest.

Let me know if you run into bike troubles along the way. I have contacts that can help you in Osh, Dushanbe, Bishkek and now Almaty. The fuel is total shit in Uzbek. I have heard of some people having problems with it. The KTM ran it ok but my MSR camp stove wouldn't burn the shit.

Depending on your where your next oil change is... You can get Motul synthetic in Tbilisi. Also Bishkek and Almaty. Its about 2x as expensive in Bishkek though. I also saw Respol and Liqui Moly here is Almaty.

Don't forget about the tire I left you in the desert
Tell your friends to stop rioting

If all goes to plan we should be getting into Mongolia 15 July. We're in Tblisi now until the 18th cos I have two exams on the 17th - can finally dump 5kg's of text books! Hoping the locals in Azerbaijan don't give me the same trouble they gave you cos that will set me back.

Thanks for the heads up mate I'll keep all that in mind. I might have to try running the bike on vodka if fuel is that bad

Altai will be unreal.