View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #3636
OK Lucinda
n00b

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsnake View Post
What is the be all - end all for the front end if running the HPN tank? Is anyone running uprated Ohlins or similar on the front, and what about triple clamps and bearings?

I have been riding motocross since I was a wee tyke, and am Currently 40. At 6'1" and 260lbs I am not what you would call "dainty", and am looking to upgrade any weaknesses that the bike may have. It's a lot to take on right away, but as you all know the older a bike gets the less there seems to be available for it, and I would like to get it set up for a long term run in my fleet. I will be riding it regularly, and depending on my love affair with the bike I may whittle it down to one and sell my new GS WC. With three kids and three different companies I unfortunately don't have the time to devote to the kind of travel the GS is built for.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE BIKE TO SHOW UP!!!

Gotta get away from this thread for awhile - it's gonna drive me crazy!

Can't keep away though...
Bobby from BMW Atlanta has detailed a fork conversion here on ADV.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=655685

My front end followed his work. I sourced the lower clamp and progressive springs through him. He has two HP2's. The one I saw when I was through there used Ohlins inserts though, which he said he loved.
OK Lucinda is offline   Reply With Quote