View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
rockydog OP
just a guy

Oddometer: 777
Big thank you to Martin, Wheatwhacker

Thank you, Martin for making this whole Irish moto nonsense happen for me. Late last year it was time for me to hit the road again so I bought a round trip ticket to Dublin. Researched the wack world of shipping a bike, and nixed that, partially cause I live in Oklahoma and that adds expense. Contacted Martin on this site, he called me and we talked about what I was looking for and budget. Next day on Donedeal( like Craigslist) he found a cheap 96 Transalp, I have a 89 so it's a natural pick. He called the owner and I agreed to cover the cost of picking up the bike(way north), next day he drove up, sent me pics via iPhone, called me with details on condition, etc. He told me it needed sprockets, chain, and tires. I bought the bike and ordered tires online in England, had em delivered, dug out my spare sprockets and low mileage chain, used my Alp as a template to jiffy-pop some racks to hold off my soft bags. Designed the racks to fit in a pannier. Grabbed some spares, tools, camping gear, etc and voila! I just had crablegs with Eyore.
More on you later, Kim, cool meeting you and your husband.

Martin, Johann and me sending Johann off on his Transalp to Belarus. I picked him up in Belgooly, he put some leads for a gps and heated gear, we all went to the Spaniard pub that night. Here he is headed out for the ferry.

Hey Martin, what is it about those pubs?

Rockydog woofs the isles, British isles

rockydog screwed with this post 06-14-2013 at 11:54 AM
rockydog is online now   Reply With Quote