View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
the drugs aren't working anymore.................................aaaahhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......................help..... ....................
back to trip...................headed out and south over Erskine bridge again...............dry and a bit sunny............mighty...........
I had to make it back to cairnryan to get afternoon ferry to Belfast................so easy run down and bit of sightseeing and such
cool yellow stone houses.....in fact whole towns it seems used this stone................looks really good

passed through towns with great names like....lochwinnoch and kilbirnie..........!!
eventually made it to Ayr and by then once more riding on the fumes of the fumes of petrol...lucky not to run out............too chancy this way of going..!!!
stopped at this abbey too.....on road to ferry land..........!!

and without the metal lump..

no I didn't pay the fee to look closer at this ruin.............I just wanted to stop awhile as these roads had speed cameras to calculate average speeds..........so needs must !!
stopped again in Girvan - not a major tourist town............but it did have a marina thing..

and in the background some boatbuilding and boat repair...

out in the water is a huge nipple rock thing.....really impressive from every angle......it's called Ailsa Craig I think....see in the distance..

a few arty farty pics.............I know its all bollox but they were on my camera phone and no one else would look at them, so apologies, you can fly past them...

the road was in great condition for what I think would be very busy...........and mother of god it had scenery to spare............
this is where I was heading...

and this is the way I had come.......

Scotland - you have much to shout about..........mega scenery...good people.....amazing history......incredible architecture........and you can eat while you ride too...........!!!
I was maggoty with the hunger by now and not easy to find an eatery.......but eventually I found one.........in a garden centre........!!!!
place called Grainegorm Garden Shop............!!!!
quick easy and no messin

easy run on into Cairnryan ferrport....parked up.............and into fancy new waiting area.........

no more I'll be in bonnie Scotland, no more, no more............adieu....!!
thank you Scotland, thank you for your kindness, for your beauty, for keeping me between the ditches, for keeping a roof over my head and for keeping my belly full...!!!
thank you...go rath maith agat agus slan.......
gotta go now......more to follow..............the ride west, into the light.........into the west...........into the...
mka is offline   Reply With Quote