View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #1147
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
It's not to bad if you take your time, just be aware of the plastic supply fitting on the bottom of the tank. I have touratech upper engine guards and I had to watch out for the clutch cable. It was getting stuck between the bottom of the tank and support bar above the radiator. I used a short piece of 2x4 to prop tank up to remove electrical and gas connections.

I used silicone spray for the stepper motor after taking air box off. Will see how it lasts. I also noticed the top of the stepper boot wasn't fitted into the groove cut into the top part of the stepper shaft

I have the snorkel and adapter off while I wait for the UniFilter, (any day now, I ordered it ten days ago) think it's an issue if I ride this weekend without either?.
I dont think it would be an issue at all, to ride with the snorkel removed. Just make sure you dont have anything under the seat (like a rag) that could be sucked into the air box.

I also lubed the stepper motor area while i was in there. BTW compressed air and WD-40 worked really well a few thousand miles ago. Saves the trouble of removing the tank and air box.

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote