View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
Bugchewer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 458
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtofCory View Post
Thanks Bugchewer... Also, how do you like the 800 xc? I've heard nothing but good things and I think down the road (in a couple years or so) that I'll probably get one, or something like it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Scrambler (and plan on keeping it for life, regardless of other bikes I accumulate)...but I could see how having a little more power, speed, and range could be a good thing.
The XC is wonderful and yes you will want to keep the Scram. It is very versatile in its own right. I have three different sets of pipes for it depending on how I want to set it up. As for extended range...I just came back from the Bennington Bash in VT and two folks rode up from Birmingham, AL on a Bonnie and a Scrambler. So...the Scram can do it but maybe not as quickly and comfortably but mine cruises nicely on the slab at 80-85 w/o buzzing (but I wasn't going to tell my wife that or I wouldn't have the XC). I'm almost 53 and I need to stake my claim. I've lost all control of the house, I do have the garage & my two bikes and a small place in the fridge for some beers (alas the garage has a beer fridge!!!) Enjoy!! If you are ever out in the WNY area let me know and we can hit the Finger Lakes, Allegany Mtns, etc. Plenty of good people to ride with on Tigers and Scrams and my Harley pals aren't so bad either...lol You need to go to The Bash next year!!!!