View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
So much to ponder
groop's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: oc, ca
Oddometer: 3,285
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
First of all AAA doesn't do out of state transfers on bikes AFAIK. If you are moving your residence the 7500 mile requirement does not apply, if not it does. And a CHP or DMV inspection is required for VIN verification and a 50-state EPA sticker must be on the bike. This last item is a stickler for anything not specifically registered with CARB for hiway use (street plated) here in CA.
AAA (in OC) did a VIN inspection/transfer on an old street bike I shipped in last year from the midwest. It is/was street legal. They do it all day long.

Not sure why they wouldn't do the same with a plated 450X unless the VIN flagged it as OHV-only.

edit: By the way, I read in this month's Westways magazine, that AAA is now able to issue green/red stickers as well.
Because you cannot eat a salad with a spork.

groop screwed with this post 06-14-2013 at 02:17 PM
groop is offline   Reply With Quote