View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
mon the biffy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Day 3

I took a steady ride over to Front Royal from DC. Trying to avoid the 'severe' thunderstorms that were passing through the area on Thursday. I managed to stay mainly dry, but I got some spray from the roads around DC. Not nice.

I arranged to stay at fellow ADV rider 5punksdad (Joe's) place in Front Royal. So when I turn up he suggested a place to eat. Spelunkers, with their awesome philly cheese steak sandwich.
We then went out for a ride in the late evening on some of the local back roads with his sons. We hid the North Eastern Virginia tag o rama he had found the other day.
Amazing roads around there and right on the doorstep, lucky man!

He put me up in his spare room for the night.

Day 4

In the morning we went for a local breakfast, before heading up the skyline drive with his youngest son. Thanks again Joe. He's a top man with a great family.

It's a good road, but quite busy and a low speed limit. I guess it's mainly for the views.

After that I had time to kill before meeting my next ADV rider. So I went for a stroll down one of the tasks of the skyline to check out a waterfall.

On my way back up I was confronted by a black bear only 2-3 metres off to the side of the trail! Needles to say I shit myself and just carried on walking as fast as i could. I'm a bit gutted I didn't take a picture, but it's the first one I've ever seen and just thought it best to get out of there.

I then carried on to Charlottesville to meet Cameron at the BMW bike shop he works at.

We had some excellent food and beer while watching some live music at a place in town call the Black Market Moto Saloon. I would definitely recommend that place to anyone in the area.

More beers were had in town at a local micro brewery before hitting the hay.

Day 5

Heading on to the Blue Ridge now :)

More to come.
mon the biffy is offline   Reply With Quote