View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #15660
RandoCommando
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
mmmmmm

Maybe we can do a RTD (ride to dive) together ... July 20 and 21 at Dutch springs

My local dive shop (west shore scuba center) is holding an Advance open water diver course (the next step after open water diver) on July 20- 21 at dutch springs for only $ 355.40.

I have not been in the water since april 2011 and All i have to do is take a $30 refresher course at my local WMCA before the course. If you interested I can get you in touch with the instructor.
he was verry helpful and even offered to take some one on one tyme with me at the refresher course and said If I need any equipment I could use it it at no cost.

I think he said he has about four spotz open yet. he is only taking 8 or ten people.

Advanced Open Water Diver (AOW) Certification

Exploration, Excitement, Experiences, They're what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about.
And no, you don't have to be "advanced" to take it - It's designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver Course.
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and builld your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable
in the water.This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI Instuctor. This
coures builds on what you've learned and develops new Capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
For more Information about this course being held at Dutch Springs on July 20 and 21 (this ia a two day certification where the pre-requisite is a
minimum Open Water Diver (OWD) certification and read the specialty manual and complete the Knowledge reviews prior to the course dates)

Equipment needed
Nyte dive - Primary and seconddary dive lites
Navigation - compass (kinda obvious)
dive computer

AOW CERTIFCATION costs
course fee $200.00
Manual $ 42.40
Quarry fees $ 75.00
camp & nite dive fee $20.00
OW air fills ($6 each)x3 $18.00
TOTAL $355.40
I'm PADI certified Open Water, and it's been years since I've been in the water.
I pretty much have everything except tanks, compass and computer.
I have a dive light, but need to get a battery for it.
No clue what the difference is between primary and secondary dive lights though.
I actually have two HEEDs (Helicopter Emergency Egress Device), which are basically spare air tanks.
I'd be interested in the refresher course, depending on when and where.
And I'd be interested in the advanced course as well provided I get the refresher and can get off from work.
MySPOT
RandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote